Friday, February 8, 2013

Succulents

I have become mmm how can I say addicted to another plant family the succulent. They come in so many sizes, shapes and colors. The blooms are delicate and range in colors of reds, pinks, yellows, whites and so on. It's hard to say which family is my favorite I truly love them all.

I plant mine in a catus mix (Miracle Grow) with added sand to it. I water them once a week or even less often. Be sure to water thoroughly until it runs out the bottom. DO NOT let them sit in water. Give succulents enough air movement, but keep them away from cold winter drafts. Place them so they are not too close together and the air is free to move around them. Fertilize with a low nitrogen liquid fertilizer (for example, 5-10-10). The first number on the fertilizer label denotes the nitrogen content. Get one whose first number is lower than the other two. Apply fertilizer at one-quarter the manufacturer's recommended rate.

Here are a few in my collection that I enjoy.........
















So give them a try!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment